Here are the top 10 things you need to know:
- Race check-in will be held from 7:30-8:30 am at the Carousel Pavilion on City Island - located across from the train station. This is a rain or shine event! If you registered after October 8, you may check if there are extra t-shirts (sizes not guaranteed) available at the pre-registered tables AFTER 10:00 am.
- If you plan to participate in the costume contest, check-in will be held in front of the train station from 7:30 am to 9:00 am. The costume parade will begin promptly at 9:30 am at the conclusion of the 1-mile dog walk.
Prize categories are:
- Overall Best in Show
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Dressed Individual (human or dog)
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Dressed Duo (human/dog)
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Dressed Group (humans/dogs)
- We have some great raffles so be sure to bring some cash along. You will receive one free raffle ticket with your race bib and can purchase additional tickets - just $1.00 each or 6 for $5.00.
- If you collected pledges, you can turn them in at the On-Site Registration Table, located near the registration tables, any time before 9:30 am. If online pledges were made towards you or your team, we will have record of the amount and will add any additional funds you turn in. The top fundraising prize is a Fitbit Versa®!
- We are going to have a coffee truck this year. The Perk Up Truck will be selling coffee, chai, lattes and more. They are sharing their proceeds from the event with Animal Care PA. It is going to be a cold morning so bring some extra cash to have a warm drink!
- We have lots of goodies in "Trick-or-Treat Row", located inside the pavilion. Grab a bag and fill it with items such as dog treats, pens, sticky note pads, and more!
- SpectaSport will be timing the 5K run - your chip-embedded race bib will have a QR code on it that you can scan with your smartphone to obtain your results - instantly! Or if you prefer, you can use one of the kiosks to obtain your results electronically. You can also follow the results online.f
- The 5K course is different than last year's course due to construction. A map will be available soon.
- Take some photos at the photo area located outside of the pavilion. Use #BarkinthePark5K on social media outlets to show the world how much fun you are having! PLUS - a Facebook Profile Frame and Camera Effect have been created just for the event!
- Have some fun while helping a worthy cause. Your participation assists Animal Care PA's core programs that help to feed and save animals in need.
We look forward to seeing you on Sunday, October 27!