Here are the top 10 things you need to know:
- Race check-in will be held from 7:30-8:30 am at the Carousel Pavilion on City Island - located across from the train station. This is a rain or shine event! If you registered after October 13, you may check if there are extra t-shirts available at the pre-registration tables AFTER 10:00 am.
- If you plan to participate in the costume contest, check-in will be held in front of the train station from 7:30 am to 9:00 am. The costume parade will begin promptly at 9:30 am at the conclusion of the 1-Mile Dog Walk.
Prize categories are:
- Overall Best in Show
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Dressed Individual (human or dog)
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Dressed Duo (human/dog)
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Dressed Group (humans/dogs)
- We have some great raffles so be sure to bring some cash along. You will receive one free raffle ticket with your race bib and can purchase additional tickets - just $1.00 each or 6 for $5.00.
- If you collected pledges, you can turn them in at the On-Site Registration Table, located near the registration tables, any time before 9:30 am. If online pledges were made towards you or your team, we will have a record of the amount and will add any additional funds you turn in. The top fundraising prize is a Fitbit Versa®!
- We are going to have a coffee and donut truck this year. Tiki T's Mini Donuts will be selling coffee, mini donuts, and more. It is going to be a cold morning so bring some extra cash to have a warm drink!
- We have lots of goodies in "Trick-or-Treat Row", located inside the pavilion. Grab a bag and fill it with items such as dog treats, pens, and more!
- SpectaSport will be timing the 5K Run - your chip-embedded race bib will have a QR code on it that you can scan with your smartphone to obtain your results - instantly! Or if you prefer, you can use one of the kiosks to obtain your results electronically. You can also follow the results online.
- The 5K course is USATF certified! You can follow the course map here.
- Take some photos at the photo area located outside of the pavilion. Use #BarkinthePark5K on social media outlets to show the world how much fun you are having! PLUS - a Facebook Profile Frame and Camera Effect have been created just for the event! Also, if you see a drone flying around, be sure to look up and WAVE! Maverick Drone Productions has graciously donated their services to capture the event!
- Have some fun while helping a worthy cause. Your participation assists Animal Care PA's core programs that help to feed and save animals in need.
We look forward to seeing you on Sunday, October 27!